AUSTIN, Minn. – A Clarks Grove man is sentenced to prison for a Mower County meth deal.
Cully Thomas Shierts, 22, pleaded guilty to 2nd degree sale of drugs in December 2018. Austin police say he sold 55.728 grams of methamphetamine to a confidential informant in December 2017.
Shierts has been sentenced to seven and ½ years in prison, with credit for 278 days already served.
Meanwhile, he is still awaiting sentencing for a high-speed chase over ice-covered roads in Freeborn County. Albert Lea police say they were called about someone trying to steal a snow blower on February 26 and arrived to see a vehicle belonging to Shierts. There was an active warrant out for Shierts and police say he sped away and hit speeds of 95 miles per hour on Interstate 90.
Shierts was eventually arrested in Austin and wound up pleading guilty to fleeing a peace officer in a motor vehicle. His sentencing for that crime is set for July 8.
- Clarks Grove man gets prison in first of two sentences
- Eagle Grove man sentenced to federal prison
- Clarks Grove man pleads guilty to meth sale
- Already serving time for drugs, Clarks Grove man sentenced for high-speed chase
- Prison sentence for Owatonna man
- Prison sentence for Rochester man
- Rochester man sentenced to prison for marijuana
- Man sentenced to prison after getting shot
- Federal prison sentence for Clear Lake man
- Mason City man sentenced to federal prison