MASON CITY, Iowa – The Cerro Gordo County Treasurer’s Office received payment of the real estate taxes and interest owed by Southbridge Mall Realty Holding, LLC, the city announced Thursday.
The payment of $177,324.00 was received and processed on Oct. 3.
“Our attorneys have filed a dismissal of the civil action,” the city said in a news release. “The current real estate taxes for fiscal year 2017-2018 payable fiscal year 2018-2019 are unpaid.
“In the event these current real estate taxes remain unpaid, the parcels will be listed on the annual tax sale in June 2019.”
- City officials: More than $177K in taxes, interest paid in relation to Southbridge Mall
- Tax sales paid on Southbridge Mall
- Southbridge Mall owner sued for back taxes
- Ideas to re-purpose Southbridge Mall
- Back taxes on Southbridge Mall not a burden on River City Renaissance project
- Southbridge Mall owner not paying back taxes because 'mall is failing'
- Most popular ideas to revitalize Southbridge Mall released
- Money owed by Southbridge Mall owner continues to skyrocket
- Southbridge Mall owner now owes more than $325K in back taxes
- Mason City mall owners pay back taxes