MASON CITY, Iowa - Another piece of the River City Renaissance in Mason City has been given the go-ahead by city leaders.
The city council unanimously approved a resolution that would give a contract to an engineering firm to design a skywalk between Music Man Square and the new hotel and conference center that will be built across the street.
The skyway is seen as one of the most complicated parts of the project, which will involve close coordination between developers and government.
City administrator Aaron Burnett says the River City Renaissance project is moving along quickly.
The city council also took time to remember former mayor Tom Jolas, who died on Monday night. Jolas was mayor of Mason City from 1969 until 1973.
- Mason City council gives the OK to a skywalk
- Mason City City council approves final skywalk plans and solar projects
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker debuts to good reviews in Mason City
- Mason City voters decide two city council positions
- Mason City City Council approves development agreement with G8 Development
- Mason City Council and employees discuss drainage issue
- UPDATE: Mason City council approves "2018 Flood Study"
- Mason City Council approves memorial for Alex Kuhn
- Mason City council going over fiscal year 2021 budget
- Mason City City Council votes to change developers for River City Renaissance project