ROCHESTER, Minn.- Questions surrounding topics like transportation, the workers shortage, and downtown growth filled Wednesday night's forum. However, the first question from the audience echoed the night befores forum with local law enforcement.
The question was, "Will you support a separation ordinance that would prohibit local law enforcement from collaborating with ice so we can make Rochester a safe and welcoming place for all families?"
All candidates had a different answer but they could all agree that it would be difficult to make any changes on a city level.
Current Ward 5 council member Mark Hickey's wife is running for his seat this year but she made no mention of it at the forum.
The Rochester Public Library recorded all of the forums from the past 2 weeks. If you'd like to watch them, click here.
- City Council Ward 5 candidates talk immigration policies
- Rochester City Council Ward 1 Candidate Forum
- Rochester City Council Ward 3 forum
- Ward 5 candidates debate on Sunday
- Canvassing recounts of Ward 1 and Ward 5
- President Trump's 'Zero Tolerance' Immigration policy reaction
- Public forum features candidates for Austin City Council positions
- Congressional candidate Hagedorn talks national security
- Rochester City Council discusses TIFS
- Monday night's City Council decisions