IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — An eastern Iowa volunteer church youth leader accused of molesting children has been given probation and ordered to register as a sex offender for 10 years.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen reports that 33-year-old Benjamin Tweedt, of North Liberty, also was sentenced Monday to a four-year prison term, suspended. He'd pleaded guilty to two counts of misdemeanor indecent contact. Prosecutors dropped seven other counts of sex abuse, lascivious acts and indecent contact in return for his pleas.
Police have said Tweedt groped children he knew through Parkview Church in Iowa City, where he was a youth leader during the past several years.
Information from: Iowa City Press-Citizen, http://www.press-citizen.com/
- Church youth leader gets probation for indecent contact
- Man cited for indecent exposure in Rochester
- Another indecent exposure report in southern Minnesota
- Another indecent exposure report at Quarry Hill
- Rochester Police investigating another indecent exposure report
- Probation for Mollo
- Probation for Rochester man
- Plymouth man gets probation
- Probation for Schimmelpfennig
- Probation for Walmart shoplifter