MASON CITY, Iowa - On Christmas night, some families are enjoying the best Christmas present ever: tiny fingers curled around a pinky finger, brand new eyes peering at the world, and an irresistable newborn smile.
Lyric Leona Imhoff was one of two babies born Christmas Eve at Mercy Medical Center North Iowa. Mom Jenna says she's glad her perfect little doll was born Monday night, instead of 24 hours later.
"I didn't really want her to come out on Christmas Day, just because I felt bad for her to have a Christmas birthday. But Christmas Eve...we can make something work."
And she adds that it was a Christmas miracle to have a positive experience when it came to delivery just in time for the holidays.
"They're amazing. I've had yet to have anybody that i was like uh, no. But they've all been really good to me."
As of Christmas evening, Mercy Medical Center has recorded one more baby born on this Christmas Day.
- Christmas means the gift of life
- The generous gift of life on Christmas Eve
- Giving the Gift of Life
- Buying gifts the Saturday before Christmas
- Hundreds of dollars worth of Christmas gifts stolen from home
- Sharing the gift of life: How donating an organ can change a life
- Celebrating the meaning of preserving
- Tuba Christmas
- How much will it cost to buy all the 'The 12 Days Of Christmas' gifts?
- Operation Christmas Child helps get gifts to people in need by filling shoeboxes