DUNKERTON, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say they're investigating the death of a child in northeastern Iowa.
The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office says deputies and medics were called to a Dunkerton home around 7:40 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a child not breathing. Officials say the child was taken by ambulance to a local hospital and pronounced dead.
An autopsy has been ordered.
Dunkerton is about 15 miles northeast of Waterloo.
Authorities were not releasing other details, including the child's name and age, Wednesday afternoon.
- Child's death under investigation in northeast Iowa
- River warning in northeast Iowa
- Manure spill in northeast Iowa
- Northeast Iowa woman pleads not guilty to child endangerment
- Northeast Iowa man pleads not guilty to child sex abuse
- Northeast Iowa man pleads guilty to receiving child porn
- Northeast Iowa woman's death listed as a homicide
- Second northeast Iowa teen sentenced for beating death
- First child flu death reported in Iowa
- Authorities investigate suspicious death of Iowa hunter