MASON CITY, Iowa - A new children's museum is expected to open this summer at Southbridge Mall.
Organizers of The North Iowa Children's Discovery Center say they hope their first day of operation will be June 15 and they will be open 10 am to 4 pm, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
“For most families, this will be a great place to bring your kids for a fun afternoon together --especially when the weather isn’t cooperating and you just need to get out of the house,” says Le Anne Clausen de Montes, Executive Director. “However, we know families also face challenges sometimes, and that’s where our educational programs and referrals to local resources can help.”
The plan is for the Discovery Center to be largely self-sustaining through memberships, day passes, and birthday party packages. There will also be a sliding-scale and scholarship program will be funded through local donations.
“We are grateful to Regan Banks, his wife Annette Banks, and the Board of the North Iowa Youth Center for reaching out to us and providing us with this assistance as we get established in the community. They have done so much for the youth of this community for the past twenty years, and helped to get other new non-profits launched in our area as well. It has been a privilege to work with them and learn from them,” says Clausen de Montes.
For more details on the project, click here.
- Children's museum coming to downtown Mason City
- Another snag in Mason City's downtown development
- New life for downtown Mason City hotel
- New children's museum to open
- PGI Convention coming to Mason CIty
- Accessible ziplines coming to Mason City park
- Mural coming alive on Mason City business
- Crews respond to fire near downtown Mason City
- $10M, 113-unit apartment complex proposed for downtown Mason City
- Downtown traffic signal project starts Monday in Mason City