OXFORD, Iowa (AP) — The Iowa State Patrol has identified three children who died in a crash on Interstate 80 near Coralville after a truck hit a car trying to cross from westbound lanes to the eastbound freeway.
The state patrol says 11-year-old Oneimus Quaterman and two 12-year-olds, Adaess Adams and Braden Brown, died in the Sunday afternoon crash about 10 miles west of Coralville. All of the children killed were from Cedar Rapids.
Police say the crash occurred when the driver of a westbound car, 62-year-old Terrance Joe Edwards, of Cedar Rapids, tried to use a prohibited crossing point to change directions. A truck hit the car while the driver was attempting the move.
Edwards and another 11-year-old child were taken to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
The truck driver wasn't injured.
- State Patrol identifies children killed in eastern Iowa crash
- Eastern Iowa man and daughter killed in Colorado crash
- 20-mile-long fish kill in eastern Iowa
- School bus crash in eastern Iowa
- Mistrial in eastern Iowa murder
- State Patrol: 1 killed in southern Minnesota rollover crash
- Pilot identified in southern Iowa plane crash
- Eastern Iowa homeless shelter is "overwhelmed"
- Deadly Christmas Day fire in eastern Iowa
- Body found in frozen eastern Iowa lake