ROCHESTER, Minn.- September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and Shanna Lunasin is hoping to spark conversations to spread awareness.
She was diagnosed with a rare type of bone cancer when she was 7. After undergoing 49 weeks of chemotherapy, and a special amputation, she knew she wanted to continue her life helping others who are going through the same battle she once went through.
Lunasin founded the Childhood Cancer Community which aims to connect families who have children with cancer, and provide support to one another.
Lunasin encourages everyone to educate themselves, and volunteer or donate to help the cause.
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Students raise awareness for black history month
- Bringing skin cancer awareness to the community
- More than $1M donation to Mayo Clinic for childhood cancer research
- "C. Difficile Infection Awareness Month" brings light to hospital infections
- Local college students show support for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Students, bikers raising awareness during Child Abuse Prevention Month
- NIACC showing support during Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- World AIDS day awareness