CHARLES CITY, Iowa – Charges have been dismissed against a man accused of hitting a child in the head with a frying pan.
Barth Joseph Lemke, 52 of Charles City, was arrested in June 2018 and charged with child endangerment. The arrest came after a 10-year-old was interviewed at the Child Protection Center in Waterloo.
The Floyd County Sheriff’s Office filed to drop the charge, citing insufficient evidence to justify prosecution and conviction. Lemke agreed to pay court costs in this case.
- Charles City man charged with child endangerment
- Child endangerment charge dropped against Charles City man
- Prison sentence for Charles City child endangerment
- Drug charges dropped against Charles City man
- Mason City man charged with OWI facing child endangerment charges
- Nashua man pleads guilty to child endangerment
- Iowa man charged with child endangerment for 2-year-old's death
- Mason City man is convicted of child endangerment
- Mason City man sentenced for drunk driving and child endangerment
- Court docs: Mason City man charged with child endangerment for leaving 4-year-old unattended for hours