LAKE HERON, Minn. (AP) — Authorities in southern Minnesota say a child died after being shot inside a home.
According to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, officers responded Wednesday to a 911 call in Lake Heron about an injured child.
Authorities learned that a weapon was discharged inside the home and that the bullet struck the child.
The child was taken to a Windom hospital but died.
The shooting is under investigation.
- Child dies after gun discharged inside Minnesota home
- Sewage discharge stopped in Mason City
- 4 siblings removed from where Minnesota child died in February
- Immigrants serving in the U.S. Army are abruptly discharged
- Seventh child in Minnesota contracts paralyzing illness
- Minnesota joins lawsuit challenging 3D-printed plastic guns
- Police: 7, including a child, inside Mason City home at time of shooting
- Southern Minnesota man dies after ATV accident
- Minnesota couple dies during Iceland fishing vacation
- Minnesota conservation officer thrown off boat, dies