MASON CITY, Iowa- Many people worry about their pipes breaking when it gets cold outside, but according to a local repair shop, people also need to be paying attention to the locks on their doors.
Those with Central Lock Security in Mason City, locks can freeze during the winter months. They recommend lubricating the locks before extreme weather.
“The lock is being bonded because of the door in the frame is moving a little bit,” says Cody Abundis of Central Lock Security. “You can usually fix or adjust the door. If the door is facing where the weather is coming from you can get ice and snow in the cylinder and that can freeze up.”
Abundis says people also need to pay attention to their car locks.
- Check your locks during extreme weather
- Extreme weather shatters records around the world
- Beating the extreme heat
- Warming centers take on extreme temperatures
- Check your water temperatures
- Unclaimed Rochester Public Utility checks
- Woman accused of check forgery
- Accused check forger pleads guilty
- White House locked down after vehicle hits security barrier