ROCHESTER, Minn. – An argument over a child which escalated to a physical confrontation results in probation for a Chatfield man.
Samuel David Earl Steward, 34, was arrested in August and charged with domestic assault by strangulation, 5th degree drug possession, and two counts of misdemeanor domestic assault. Authorities say Steward got into a dispute with a woman in Stewartville, claiming she was in no condition to take care of a child in a stroller.
Steward pleaded guilty to 5th degree drug possession and misdemeanor domestic assault. He was sentenced Monday to five years of supervised probation and must either pay a $500 fine or do 50 hours of community work service.
- Chatfield man sentenced for Stewartville crimes
- Stewartville vs. Chatfield GBB highlights
- Sex crime sentence for Stewartville man
- Woman sentenced for Stewartville collision
- Stewartville man sentenced in abduction case
- Stewartville man sentenced for Rochester drug arrest
- Chatfield drug dealer sentenced to probation
- Plea deal in sex crime case involving Stewartville man
- Stewartville drunk driver is sentenced to probation
- Chatfield man arrested after dangerous Rochester pursuit