CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A Floyd County woman is accused of attempted murder for injecting someone with insulin.
Jennifer Katherine Bean, 44 of Charles City was arrested Wednesday. According to court documents, Bean injected her female victim with insulin on Tuesday. Authorities say the injection was done without the victim’s consent and, if untreated, could have resulted in a coma and eventual death.
Bean is also accused of trying to stop her victim from contacting anyone to ask for help and when the victim did make a 911 call, authorities say Bean hung up and then took the phone.
Attempted murder if a class “B” felony in Iowa, punishable by up to 25 years in prison.
- Charles City woman accused of attempted murder
- Charles City woman accused of theft
- Charles City woman convicted for trying to murder her mother
- Charles City woman accused of delivering meth in controlled buy
- Charles City man's murder trial delayed again
- Charles City man accused of violent attack
- Charles City man accused of check forgery
- Trial for accused attempted murderer delayed
- Charles City Survey
- Collision in Charles City