CEDAR FALLS, Iowa – A Charles City man is involved in a two-vehicle collision in Black Hawk County.
The Iowa State Patrol says Mark Hagen, 48 of North Liberty, was eastbound on University Avenue between Heart Road and Union Road when he crossed the center line and crashed his car head-on into the westbound semi driven by Steven Hatcher, 69 of Charles City.
Hagen was injured and taken to Sartori Hospital for treatment. The State Patrol says his life was saved by wearing his seat belt.
The collision happened just after 8 am Wednesday and remains under investigation.
- Charles City semi driver involved in Cedar Falls crash
- Cedar Rapids murder defendant charged with theft in Charles City
- Sheriff: Charles City woman’s body recovered from Cedar River
- Mason City semi driver involved in Minnesota accident
- Arrest in killing of Cedar Falls hunter
- Charles City driver hits utility pole
- Mason City and Stewartville semi drivers in crash
- No casino for Cedar Rapids
- Charles City Survey
- Collision in Charles City