THIEF RIVER FALLS, Minn. (AP) — Charges have been filed against two City Council members from Thief River Falls who were involved in a knockdown, chair-swinging brawl that resulted from a discussion about a children's splash pad.
The Pennington County attorney has charged Joshua Hagen with fifth-degree assault and Jerald Brown with disorderly conduct stemming from the physical fight at a City Council meeting more than a week ago.
Brown tells the Star Tribune a heated discussion over swimming pool money and a splash park went from bad to worse. Charging documents say both men were shoving each other and ended up on the floor. Brown suffered injuries to his face. Hagen sustained abrasions to his back and chest. Brown says he doesn't plan to contest the charges. Hagen resigned his council seat earlier this week, citing medical reasons.
- Charges filed in Minnesota City Council brawl
- No charges filed yet in police shooting of Minnesota woman
- Minnesota prosecutor won't file charges in Prince's death
- Clean Water Council tours Southeastern Minnesota
- Floyd County drug charges filed against Mason City man
- Rochester City Council discusses TIFS
- Monday night's City Council decisions
- Charges filed in deaths of Minnesota mother, daughter killed by rock
- Charges filed after SUV crashes into gate at Minnesota governor's home
- New limit on access to police files proposed in Minnesota