ROCHESTER, Minn. – Charges have been dismissed against a man accused of hijacking a car.
23-year-old Mohamed Mahad Mumin of Minneapolis was arrested on November 1. Rochester police say a woman reported giving rides to some men when they told her to get out of the car or get shot. The woman told authorities the men drove off with her car, purse, and cell phone.
Officers said they located the vehicle using “OnStar” and arrested Mumin.
On Thursday, however, charges of robbery and theft against Mumin were dismissed. Olmsted County Attorney Mark Ostrem says further investigation made them realize they would not be able to prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Charges dropped in Rochester car hijacking
- Assault charge dropped against Rochester man
- Charges dropped in Rochester bomb threats
- Charges dropped in Rochester pistol-whipping
- Attempted murder charge dropped against Rochester man
- BB gun threat charges dropped against Rochester man
- Charge dropped in attack on Rochester convenience store manager
- Charge dropped in casino vandalism
- Charges dropped in store burglary
- Car catches fire in Rochester