BYRON, Minn. - The sister of a murder defendant who was accused of running over her son has died.
Cynthia Lea Grund, 59 of Byron, is the sister of Lois Riess, the woman facing murder charges in Dodge County and Florida. Grund was arrested in March after authorities say she ran over her son while he was lying in the driveway. Officials say the son is suffering injuries to the head and pelvis in the incident.
Grund was charged with 2nd and 3rd degree assault, criminal vehicular operation, and domestic assault. However, the Olmsted County Attorney's Office filed to dismiss all charges in August because Grund had died.
No details on her death have been released.
- Charges dismissed against woman accused of running over her son
- Worth County charges dismissed against Minnesota woman
- Accused school voyeur drops motion to dismiss charges against him
- Charge dismissed against man accused of naked property damage
- Misconduct charge dismissed against ex-jail deputy
- "Bachelor" star wants fatal accident charge dismissed
- Burglary charge dismissed against Forest City man
- Iowa woman accused of trying to run down another woman
- Woman charged with DUI with 10-year-old son in vehicle
- Mankato woman now charged with murder after son dies