CHARLES CITY, Iowa – Charges of custodial interference are dismissed against a Kensett man.
Abraham Elias Golden, 47, was arrested in October. Authorities say that after an order was issued in Floyd county to remove Golden’s child from his custody due to concerns over drug use and violence, Golden took the child to his sister’s home in Oklahoma.
Golden challenged his arrest, arguing that his actions did not violate the law, particularly because he was ordered to surrender the child to the Department of Human Services but Iowa law requires a child be placed with “a person,” which the DHS is not.
A judge has now ruled the evidence does not support Golden’s prosecution for violating a custodial order and dismissed all charges against him. The judge, however, notes Golden could still be charged with contempt for refusing to obey a court order.
- Charges dismissed against man who defied a court order to turn over his child
- Burglary charge dismissed against Forest City man
- Misconduct charge dismissed against ex-jail deputy
- "Bachelor" star wants fatal accident charge dismissed
- Man charged with child endangerment after search warrant turns up cocaine
- Charles City man charged with child endangerment
- Eyota man facing child porn charges
- Court docs: Mason City man charged with child endangerment for leaving 4-year-old unattended for hours
- Mason City man charged with OWI facing child endangerment charges
- UPDATE: Charges dismissed in fist fight over cell phone