ROCHESTER, Minn. – An Elgin company is the 2017 Donor of the Year for Channel One Regional Food Bank.
Wescott Agri Products has been donating fresh produce to Channel One for more than 25 years.
“Channel One Regional Food Bank is so grateful for our long-standing partnership with Wescott Agri Products,” says Channel One Executive Director Virginia Merritt. “Their generous support and amazing donations throughout the years have provided Channel One clients with fresh produce that they otherwise may not have access to.”
Channel One provides food assistance to over 100,000 people in southeast Minnesota and La Crosse, Wisconsin.
“Over the years Channel One has played an important role by providing a conduit between the food producers and those that have nutritional needs,” says Fred Wescott, President of Wescott Agri Products. “This has resulted in better market opportunities for agricultural producers by facilitating the utilization of less than perfect products that are as nutritionally sound as those found in retail stores. Channel One has made a win for all in their effort to help feed those in need. Wescott Orchard and the Mississippi Valley Growers are proud to accept the Donor of the Year Award for such an important cause.”
- Channel One announces its food bank donor of the year
- New director for Channel One Regional Food Bank
- Aldi donates thousands to Channel One food bank
- $150,000 grant for Channel One Regional Food Bank
- Rochester Food Bank Encourages 'Donating a Row'
- Ramadan food drive hopes to become eventual food bank
- Blood donor centers calling on donors to give blood
- Mayo donates leftover bottled water to local food bank
- Channel One gets big donation for new truck
- Charles City blood drive exceeds donor goal