ROCHESTER, Minn.-Paying for parking in downtown Rochester is getting simpler, thanks to a mobile parking app.
That means one less way to pay at the meter.
It was called the CashKey program and it allowed you set up an account to pay for parking by inserting a key into the parking meter instead of change.
The city says since the start of the ParkMobile app on average more than 550 parking sessions were used in October.
The City also adds the CashKey program is obsolete.
For drivers like Casio Gilliam, he says an app is easier than having another key on your ring.
“I think it'll be beneficial because a lot of people use their phones,” said Gilliam.
The CashKey program will continue until December 28th, then you have to turn in your key into the city clerks office.
- Changes to parking meters in Rochester
- Some Parking Meters Closed in Rochester Due To Snow Removal
- Rochester parking meters can now be paid on app
- Changes to parking in Rochester
- Parking lot assault reported in Rochester
- Rochester's parking app shows positive progress
- Friesen wins 3,000 meters, full coverage from Des Moines
- RPU seeing a string of meter tampering incidents
- Man sentenced after violent incident in Rochester parking garage
- Rochester parking rates to increase 'It's just a little inconvenient'