Severe weather season is here, and there’s a chance we could get a taste of it Tuesday.
The threat for severe weather throughout the day is slight, and damaging winds and large hail are the greatest risks.
Localized heavy rainfall is possible as well.
The rain chance will die down through the morning with stronger storms starting for this afternoon. Most of the storms will start after 4 p.m. with the strongest storms later this evening and before midnight.
Storm chances become more isolated for Wednesday and Thursday. The sunshine will be back for the entire day on Friday with highs around 70. The weekend will bring some more rain chances that we are tracking. Isolated showers will be possible late Saturday night with better chances arriving by Sunday morning.
VIDEO: Latest Forecast
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
- Chance for severe weather rolls into area today
- Severe weather a possibility today
- StormTeam 3: Chance for severe weather reduced
- Severe weather rolls through viewing area (with live updates from StormTeam 3)
- StormTeam 3: Tonight's Severe Chances
- Chance of severe weather returns to viewing area this afternoon/evening
- StormTeam 3: Severe weather chances alongside the heat
- Possible severe weather later today in southern Minnesota, northern Iowa
- Images: Severe weather strikes across the KIMT viewing area