LAKOTA, Iowa – Three people were injured after a chain-reaction crash Thursday in Kossuth County.
The Iowa State Patrol says it happened just before 2 pm at the intersection of Highway 9 and 200th Avenue. A semi and a box truck were stopped going east in a work zone when another eastbound semi failed to stop, hit the box truck and sent it crashing into the other semi. The State Patrol says a flagger in the work zone was also nearly hit.
Two of the drivers, Jordan Hanson, 31 of St. Ansgar, and Emmanuel Rodriguez, 31 of Joliet, Illinois, suffered minor injuries and were taken to Kossuth Regional Health Center for treatment. The State Patrol says the third driver, Matthew Deters, 31 of Austin, MN was also hurt but was not taken to the hospital. Officials the lives of all three were saved because they were wearing their seat belts.
The Patrol says Hanson is the semi driver who got distracted and did not see the stopped traffic ahead of him. He has been cited.
The Iowa Department of Transportation and the Kossuth County Sheriff’s Office assisted at the scene.
- Chain-reaction crash in Kossuth County injures three
- Trial set in Rochester chain-reaction crash
- Chain reaction collision in Rochester
- Drivers from Kossuth and Faribault counties injured in crash
- Mason City PD vehicle involved in chain-reaction crash
- MSP: 2 injured in chain-reaction crash due to deer on Olmsted Co. road
- Update: Name released of Kossuth County woman injured in crash south of Albert Lea
- UPDATE: Fourth driver identified in I-35 chain reaction accident
- Plane a total loss after Saturday crash in Kossuth County
- Luck decides two elections in Kossuth County