UPDATE: The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Office has identified the people involved in this car vs. pedestrian accident.
Robert De Los Santos, 61 of Sheffield, was driving south when he hit County Conservation Maintenance worker Issac Bartz, 22 of Mason City. Bartz suffered what are described as non-life threatening injuries.
SWALEDALE, Iowa – One person was sent to the hospital after getting hit by a mail carrier Thursday afternoon.
It happened around 1:30 pm in the 8400 block of Indigo Avenue. Officials on the scene say a rural mail carrier struck a Cerro Gordo County employee who was working along the side of the road. The worker was transported to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa.
- UPDATE: Cerro Gordo County employee hit by vehicle
- Law enforcement vehicle struck during Cerro Gordo County traffic stop
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Whooping cough confirmed in Cerro Gordo County
- Two-car accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Hospital harasser sentenced in Cerro Gordo County