MASON CITY, Iowa – A Thornton man is sentenced for a late night traffic stop that turned into a drug arrest.
Richard Dean Thompson, 37, pleaded guilty to possession of controlled substance-3rd offense, operating a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent, and unlawful possession of a prescription drug.
He was arrested on January 22 after being pulled over near the intersection of 5th Street N and 130th Street. A Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Deputy says Thompson threw something out the driver’s side window, which authorities say turned out to be a baggie of suspected methamphetamine.
Thompson has been sentenced to up to three years of supervised probation and a $315 fine.
- Cerro Gordo Co. man gets probation for drug arrest
- Probation in fatal Cerro Gordo County rollover
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- Northwood man pleads guilty to Cerro Gordo Co. drug crime
- Accused fake drug dealer jailed in Cerro Gordo County
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Whooping cough confirmed in Cerro Gordo County