CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa - A man under the influence of drugs intentionally drove head-on into an oncoming vehicle Sunday night before he swerved and caused his own vehicle to roll over, the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office said.
Luis Rodriguez, 26, of Worthington, Minnesota, is accused of driving at an oncoming vehicle before both vehicles swerved to avoid colliding.
It resulted in Rodriguez’s car rolling into the north ditch at 255th St. and Jonquil Ave. just after 10 p.m. He suffered minor cuts to his hands.
Rodriguez was charged with OWI-second offense (drug related), reckless driving and failure to maintain control.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office was assisted by the Iowa State Patrol, the Clear Lake Police Department and the Clear Lake Fire Department.
- Cerro Gordo Co. Sheriff: Man charged for intentionally driving into oncoming traffic, causing own rollover crash
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Probation in fatal Cerro Gordo County rollover
- Driver injured in Cerro Gordo County rollover
- Sheriff: 1 man ejected from vehicle during rollover crash in Cerro Gordo County
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- UPDATE: No one hurt in Cerro Gordo County rollover
- One hurt in Cerro Gordo County crash
- Rider charged after Cerro Gordo County motorcycle crash
- Man facing felony forgery charge in Cerro Gordo County