NORTHWOOD, Iowa – The Worth County Sheriff’s Office is putting out a holiday reminder.
It says it has received an influx of 911 hang-up calls with the sound of children in the background and would like people to remember that if you give a child a de-activated cell phone to play with, it can still dial 911. The Sheriff’s Office says accidental 911 calls can tie up an emergency line for others who may be in need.
But, it also says this could be a good reminder that a de-activated cell phone can be a great tool for young and old who need 911 services but don’t have their own phone.
- Cell phone reminder from Worth County Sheriff
- "Hands Free" cell phone bill advances
- UPDATE: Charges dismissed in fist fight over cell phone
- Rochester woman accused of stealing cell phones, selling drugs
- Worth County Sheriff: Fake $50 bills being passed throughout county
- Snow removal reminder
- Worth County Sheriff's Office post tips to keep kids safe
- Worth County Sheriff: Deputy nearly hit by intoxicated driver
- Grass fire warning from Worth County Sheriff's Office
- Worth County Sheriff's Office asking for patience with rescued dogs