NORTHWOOD, Iowa – The Worth County Sheriff’s Office is putting out a holiday reminder.
It says it has received an influx of 911 hang-up calls with the sound of children in the background and would like people to remember that if you give a child a de-activated cell phone to play with, it can still dial 911. The Sheriff’s Office says accidental 911 calls can tie up an emergency line for others who may be in need.
But, it also says this could be a good reminder that a de-activated cell phone can be a great tool for young and old who need 911 services but don’t have their own phone.
- Cell phone reminder from Worth County Sheriff
- "Hands Free" cell phone bill advances
- UPDATE: Charges dismissed in fist fight over cell phone
- Rochester woman accused of stealing cell phones, selling drugs
- Iowa governor supports banning cell phone use while driving
- Cell phones accidentally dialing 911 on the rise in Iowa
- Pulling over to use your cell phone violates Minnesota law
- Worth County Sheriff: Fake $50 bills being passed throughout county
- Snow removal reminder
- Holiday fire safety reminders