ALBERT LEA, Minn. - A fire in a garage connected to an in-home daycare was caused by a malfunction in a fridge/freezer combination, authorities said Thursday.
The daycare provider said seven kids were at the home when the fire began at 17826 760th Ave. at 4 p.m. Monday.
"While en route it was relayed that the garage was attached to the home and the home contained a daycare. All children and adults got out of the home safely. Albert Lea Fire Rescue and Freeborn County Sheriff's office arrived on scene to find smoke and fire coming from the garage door and windows," the Albert Lea Fire Department said.
- Cause of Freeborn Co. fire in garage connected to daycare released
- Fire consumes Freeborn County structure connected to daycare; no injuries reported
- Garage fire in West Concord
- Garage fire in Mason City
- Daycare facility opens in Hayfield
- Multiple fires in rural Freeborn County
- Investigation underway into Freeborn County house fire
- Rochester garage burglar sentenced
- Man arrested after Austin garage fire
- UPDATE: Garage fire in rural Dodge County