BREAKING NEWS Governor: 3 killed in Minnesota Black Hawk helicopter crash Full Story
STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

UPDATE: Unattended candle caused Mason City fire

It happened late Tuesday night on S. Wilson Ave.

Posted: Dec 27, 2017 3:57 AM
Updated: Dec 27, 2017 9:35 AM

MASON CITY, Iowa - According to authorities in Mason City, a house fire broke out just before midnight Tuesday night at 1723 S. Wilson Ave. and was caused by an unattended candle.

The fire began in the basement but was extinguished quickly after the unattended candle caused a couch to start on fire.

No one was injured in the fire, but a cat was taken out of the house and wasn't breathing, the Mason City Fire Department said. It did, however, seem to begin doing better after being in fresh air.

Article Comments

Mason City
Overcast
22° wxIcon
Hi: 26° Lo: 20°
Feels Like: 8°
Albert Lea
Overcast
19° wxIcon
Hi: 23° Lo: 16°
Feels Like: 9°
Austin
Broken Clouds
25° wxIcon
Hi: 25° Lo: 17°
Feels Like: 15°
Charles City
Broken Clouds
27° wxIcon
Hi: 28° Lo: 20°
Feels Like: 16°
Rochester
Broken Clouds
22° wxIcon
Hi: 23° Lo: 13°
Feels Like: 8°
Snow returning for the next work week
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

RCTC with two All-Americans

Image

Almquist named NAHL Forward of the Month

Image

High intensity group workouts

Image

Trump Unity event

Image

Small bank security

Image

Giving the gift of going home

Image

Muddy Ground hurting tree Harvest

Image

Giving Your Best Award

Image

Holiday Train Stops in Rochester

Image

Tackling the Issue of High Prescription Drug Prices

Community Events