WORTH COUNTY, Iowa – Authorities had to deal with a vehicle/deer collision on I-35 Friday.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office says it responded to several 9-1-1 calls around 5:56 pm about an accident in the northbound lanes of I-35, near mile marker 203. A car struck a deer and was disabled, blocking the left lane. The Sheriff’s Office says another vehicle went into the median to avoid hitting the car stopped on the highway.
No one was injured in this incident.
The fire departments from Fertile and Hanlontown, Forest City Ambulance, and Dick’s Towing all assisted at the scene.
- Car/deer accident blocked I-35
- Accident on I-35 in Franklin County
- UPDATE: Fourth driver identified in I-35 chain reaction accident
- 1 injured after I-35 accident in Freeborn County
- Iowa officials investigate 3 deer hunting accidents
- Deer Vs. Motorcycle Accident Injuries One
- Part of I-35 closed in Minnesota
- Multiple crashes on I-35 in Worth County
- I-35 crash in Minnesota injures three Iowans
- Traffic impacted after crash on I-35