DENVER, Iowa – A car/semi collision seriously injured a woman Wednesday morning.
The Bremer County Sheriff’s Office says it took place around 10:48 am at the intersection of Highway 63 and 250th Street. 57-year-old Russell Schmitz of Wellsburg was driving a semi north on the highway while 61-year-old Kay Michel of Waterloo was driving west. The Sheriff’s Office says Michel entered the intersection and was hit on the driver’s side by Schmitz’ semi.
Michel was taken to Allen Hospital in Waterloo, then flown to Iowa City for treatment. Schmitz was not harmed.
Denver Ambulance and Fire assisted the scene.
- Car hit by semi in Bremer County
- Bremer County man killed in car/semi collision
- Fatal crash in Bremer County
- Disaster declaration for Bremer County
- Charges filed in Bremer County burglaries
- Trial scheduled for Bremer County burglaries
- Car hits semi southeast of Rochester
- Butler County man arrested for Bremer County burglaries
- Bremer County Attorney investigating Mitchell County conflict of interest complaint
- Chickasaw County teen killed in Bremer County crash