ROCHESTER, Minn.- The Canvassing Board confirmed the election results and the city clerk says we are now in what's called the contest period.
The contest period means that from Friday until Wednesday at 5pm, any candidate has the chance to ask for a recount. But the main attention right now is focused on wards one and five.
Both city council positions qualify for a publicly funded recount, and Paul Myhrom who is a candidate for ward 1 has already requested his.
Now, ward 5 candidate Byron Clark also has the chance to do so.
The City Clerk explains why, "we have 2 of the 3 city races that would be eligible for the publicly funded recounts because the margins between the 2nd and 3rd candidate fall under the threshold of under .5 percent."
- Canvassing Rochester's Primary Election results
- Primary 2018: Minnesota election results
- Updated: Complete 2018 Iowa Primary Election Results
- Following Primary Election results and hearing from candidates
- Congressman Steve King discusses primary results
- Mitchell County Special Election Results
- Election 2018: Olmsted County results
- Election 2018: Fillmore County results
- Canvassing recounts of Ward 1 and Ward 5
- Candidates making rounds ahead of primary election