FARIBAULT, Minn. – A Cannon Falls man is involved in a fatal collision in Rice County.
The Minnesota State Patrol says Andrew Joseph Stein, 40 of Cannon Falls, was driving west on Highway 60 when he crossed the center line and hit the eastbound vehicle driven by William Elmer Potter, 27 of Waterville. Troopers say the crash happened around 4:45 am Wednesday west of Faribault.
The State Patrol says Potter was not wearing his seat belt and was killed in the collision. Stein was wearing his seat belt and was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester for treatment of life-threatening injuries.
The Rice County Sheriff’s Office, Faribault Fire Department, and North Memorial Ambulance assisted at the scene.
- Cannon Falls man in deadly crash
- Man missing from Cannon Falls
- Man pleads guilty in NE Iowa woman's cannon malfunction death
- Judge sets trial date in Iowa woman's cannon malfunction death
- Suspected working cannon found during Minnesota drug raid
- Floyd County crash turns deadly
- Mason City man pleads not guilty in deadly motorcycle crash
- Rochester man arrested after deadly Goodhue County crash
- Rochester man sentenced for deadly Goodhue County crash