CHATFIELD, Minn. - Gabby Brown was recently diagnosed with leukemia shortly after her 1st birthday. Her parents own the restaurant 'Estelle's' in Harmony. They're receiving support from all over Southeastern Minnesota after Gabby's diagnosis.
At Chatfield Lutheran Church, a candlelight prayer vigil was held from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M. for people to offer support and prayers for the Brown family and other families affected by cancer.
"This is a chance for us as a community to hold them, to embrace them in prayer and in love so that they know they don't just have to depend on themselves. They can depend on God and us to hold them and give them strength and hope," says Pastor Mark Dochen.
- Candlelight vigil for Harmony girl diagnosed with leukemia
- Looking ahead: Candlelight vigil honors transgender victims of violence
- Snowshoeing by Candlelight
- Fundraising efforts to build a volunteer firefighter memorial in Harmony
- Harmony man crashes a tractor in northeast Iowa
- Phase one beginning to restore Harmony historic grain elevator
- Former Iowa first lady diagnosed with breast cancer
- 6 Minnesota kids diagnosed with rare, paralyzing disorder
- Prostate cancer diagnoses, deaths decreasing worldwide, study says
- Fillmore Central shoots for a cause to help family battling Leukemia