CHATFIELD, Minn. - Gabby Brown was recently diagnosed with leukemia shortly after her 1st birthday. Her parents own the restaurant 'Estelle's' in Harmony. They're receiving support from all over Southeastern Minnesota after Gabby's diagnosis.
At Chatfield Lutheran Church, a candlelight prayer vigil was held from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M. for people to offer support and prayers for the Brown family and other families affected by cancer.
"This is a chance for us as a community to hold them, to embrace them in prayer and in love so that they know they don't just have to depend on themselves. They can depend on God and us to hold them and give them strength and hope," says Pastor Mark Dochen.
- Candlelight vigil for Harmony girl diagnosed with leukemia
- Looking ahead: Candlelight vigil honors transgender victims of violence
- Snowshoeing by Candlelight
- Fundraising efforts to build a volunteer firefighter memorial in Harmony
- Former Iowa first lady diagnosed with breast cancer
- 6 Minnesota kids diagnosed with rare, paralyzing disorder
- Fillmore Central shoots for a cause to help family battling Leukemia
- Vigil held for missing Iowa teen
- Sunday vigils show support for area mosque
- Vigil to honor slain ISU golfer