OSAGE, Iowa- The midterm elections are just a few weeks away and the latest polls are showing the First Congressional District race between US Congressman Rod Blum and Iowa Representative Abby Finkenauer is a close one.
Finkenauer was in Osage Wednesday talking to potential voters.
She explained that some of the key issues she plans to fight for include: funding for trade schools and apprentices as well as fixing the Affordable Care Act. She explained just how she plans to bring down premiums for those in her district.
“We need to be allowing folks up to the age of 65 to buy into Medicare,” she said. “Essentially, you're adding competition into the marketplace for insurance companies so you can still keep your private insurance. What that does is drive down those premiums.”
- Candidate for 1st Congressional Districts stops in north Iowa
- Candidate for Iowa's 4th Congressional District race makes Mason City stop
- Iowa Secretary of Agriculture candidates make stops in North Iowa
- Voters learn more about congressional district 1 candidate Dan Feehan.
- Governor candidate in North Iowa
- North Iowa baseball district scores
- Gubernatorial governor candidate Ron Corbett makes stop in North Iowa
- Gubernatorial governor candidate Fred Hubbell stops in North Iowa
- Iowa Ag. Secretary candidate makes campaign stop
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa