SEVERE WX: Winter Storm Watch View Alerts
STREAMING NOW: Watch Now
CLOSINGS: View Closings

Camper fire in Albert Lea

No one hurt after flames break out Thursday afternoon.

Posted: Jun. 29, 2018 12:20 PM

ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A late Thursday afternoon camper fire is being blamed on an electrical short.

The Albert Lea Fire Department says it was called to the 200 block of Giles Place. Firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames coming from the small motor-home-style camper that was parked in a driveway between two homes.

The flames were put out with minor damage to one home and the camper a total loss. Three people at home at the time were not hurt. Power had to be cut to the home due to damage, which is estimated to be about $6,000 to the camper and the home.

The owners said the lights flickered and they noticed smoke coming from the camper around 5:30 pm.

The Albert Lea Fire Department was on the scene for about two hours.

Article Comments

Mason City
Broken Clouds
17° wxIcon
Hi: 18° Lo: 6°
Feels Like: 7°
Albert Lea
Scattered Clouds
18° wxIcon
Hi: 18° Lo: 3°
Feels Like: 8°
Austin
Clear
19° wxIcon
Hi: 19° Lo: 7°
Feels Like: 9°
Charles City
Scattered Clouds
18° wxIcon
Hi: 17° Lo: 6°
Feels Like: 6°
Rochester
Clear
17° wxIcon
Hi: 17° Lo: 7°
Feels Like: 8°
Brutally cold air is on the way.
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Pipes burst at Southbridge Mall

Image

Flooding at iconic Rochester hotel

Image

StormTeam 3 Weather Forecast: Bitter cold temps on the way

Image

Rochester City Council to talk policing downtown

Image

The future of Rochester's iconic corn water tower still up in the air

Image

Preventing frozen pipes

Image

Keeping the runways clear

Image

Catholic community conversation

Image

Affordable Housing and the Government Shutdown

Image

North Iowa Bulls' Poczos recalled to NAHL club

Community Events