BREAKING NEWS Guilty verdict in Worth County animal neglect trial Full Story

CO blamed in NE Minnesota death

Man and his dog found dead inside a cabin.

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 10:33 AM
Updated: Dec 17, 2017 10:40 AM

SAGINAW, Minn. (AP) - A northeastern Minnesota man has died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in a cabin.


St. Louis County sheriff's authorities say their office responded Saturday afternoon to a report of an unresponsive male in the Saginaw area. Authorities arrived and found the body of 46-year-old Stanley Skare of Saginaw. Skare's dog also was found dead inside the cabin.

Authorities say Skare and his dog apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The source likely was a generator running inside of the cabin.

The Midwest Medical Examiner's office will determine the exact cause of death.

Article Comments

Mason City
Overcast
51° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 51°
Albert Lea
Clear
52° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 52°
Austin
Scattered Clouds
54° wxIcon
Hi: 66° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 54°
Charles City
Overcast
52° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 52°
Rochester
Broken Clouds
50° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 50°
A mild weekend with a few rain drops on Saturday
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Ethnic Lunch Newsroom Liveshot

Image

Chris' 10 PM Weather Forecast

Image

Sports Overtime, highlights and scores from Friday

Image

Clear Lake donut shop best in state

Image

Homelessness experienced to raise funds and awareness

Image

Battle of the Badges: rib eating contest

Image

Secretariat Statue Unveiled

Image

Kavars Trial: Guilty Verdict

Image

Cabin Coffee looks to expand in Southeastern MN

Image

DMC talks circulators

Community Events