BYRON, Minn. - On Wednesday people with Byron Public Works tell KIMT the shortage of lifeguards is no longer an issue.
The city of Byron posted on Facebook desperately asking for more lifeguard applications. The post got over 380 shares.
The shortage of lifeguards put the pool opening in jeporady.
Tom Ricke with Byron Public Works says they now have over 10 lifeguard applications and will be able to open the pool as planned.
The community pool is scheduled to open June 9th.
- Byron community pool will open as scheduled
- Byron exploring ideas for new community pool
- Location Prospects for a New Byron Pool
- Fix it up or build new? Byron deciding future of community pool
- One school open, another closed in Byron
- House fire in Byron
- Roundabout coming to Byron
- The LeRoy Community Pool is open... for now
- Byron community works to get an all-inclusive playground
- Byron First Responders get new tool to better serve community