CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – It’s 15 years in federal prison for a Butler County man convicted for child pornography.
David Myers, 54 of Greene, was indicted in October 2017 on five federal child porn crimes. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Iowa says Myers received sexually explicit images of minors between March 2005 and August 2014. He pleaded guilty to one count of receipt of child pornography after being convicted of sexual abuse.
Myers was found guilty of 3rd degree sex abuse in Floyd and Butler counties in 1998. Authorities say the victim in both cases was under 14 years old.
15 years in federal prison is the minimum sentence Myers could have received. He will also be on supervised release for five years after leaving prison and must pay $3,000 in restitution.
- Butler County man going to prison for child porn
- Butler County man pleads guilty to child porn
- Mower County man sent to prison for child porn
- Wright County man arrested for child porn
- Wright County man sentenced for child porn
- Iowa man sentenced to federal prison for child porn
- Eyota man sentenced to prison for child porn
- Child porn sentence for Eyota man
- Eyota man facing child porn charges
- Eyota man arrested for possessing child porn