ROCHESTER, Minn. - With Christmas day less than a week away, Monday marked the beginning of the busiest shipping week of the year.
Ahmad Siddiqui is the owner of a local UPS store in Rochester. He said they had a big morning rush.
"This morning drop off, we had close to 150 of them, and we shipped out 50. And the day's not over yet, by the time the day's over we will all be tired," Siddiqui said.
Fares don't go up this week, but people will have to pay more to guarantee packages are delivered before the holiday.
"Well, they have to pay if they are adamant and they want the guarantee," he said.
Siddiqui said he handles the busy week by adding more staff.
Click here to look at 2017 holiday deadlines.
- It's the busiest shipping week of the year
- 2017 holiday shipping deadlines
- 2018 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Florists prepare for their busiest day of the year, Valentine's Day
- TSA: Thanksgiving air travel to be busiest ever
- Christmas shipping deadlines fast approaching
- Twins shipping Dozier to the LA Dodgers
- Wall Street has worst week in over seven years
- 2018 Year in Review: Student Athletes of the Week
- UPDATE: Wreckage of ship blown apart in WWII found, offering closure