ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A burn ban is in effect for Freeborn County.
Sheriff Kurt Freitag says it will be in place until noon Sunday because of the Air Quality Alert covering much of Minnesota due to smoke from Canadian wild fires blowing into the state. No recreational fire or open burning will be permitted and violators could face 90 days in jail or a $1,000 fine.
- Burn ban in place for Freeborn County
- Freeborn County Sheriff's Office's K9 places first at annual trials
- Motorcycle accident in Freeborn County
- Motorcycle crash in Freeborn County
- Freeborn County Relay for Life
- Freeborn County safe thieves sentenced
- Freeborn County debates ICE funding
- Freeborn County: Search and rescue operations; Emergency situation protocol in place
- Freeborn County joins national child protection program
- One-vehicle accident in Freeborn County