Photo Gallery 17 Images
CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – Property owners are left picking up the pieces after a barn fire Saturday morning.
Just after 10:00 a.m., Clear Lake firefighters were dispatched to the 19000 block of Hickory Avenue in rural Clear Lake for a barn fire.
When first responders arrived, the barn was fully engulfed and they focused efforts on protecting nearby structures.
The Clear Lake Fire Department requested Ventura firefighters for mutual aid due to the location and no nearby fire hydrants.
The residence, two grain silos, and a workshop did sustain heat damage. The barn is deemed a total loss.
No injuries were reported.
Shannon and John Furst own the property, and do have insurance.
Fire officials say the fire began in the loft area of the barn. They believe the cause is electrical.
CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – Flames sent a dark plume of smoke billowing across the sky Saturday morning.
Firefighters from both Clear Lake and Ventura were called to a farm northwest of the Mason City Municipal Airport, in the 19000 block of Hickory Avenue/North 32nd Street, around 11 am.
A portable reservoir had to be set up at the location in order to provide water to fight the flames, which nevertheless completely destroyed a building.
No word yet on any injuries or the cause of the fire.
- UPDATE: Building destroyed in Saturday morning fire near Clear Lake
- UPDATE: Images of Clear Lake home destroyed in Sunday fire
- Flames destroy minvan in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle collision near Clear Lake
- Update: Fuel spill reported in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake fire department gets underwater drone
- Mobile home fire in Clear Lake
- Condo fire in Clear Lake Monday night
- Clear Lake Fire Department wants to clear confusion over fundraiser