ROCHESTER, Minn.- Who knew a stuffed animals could cause so such chaos.
Today the popular stuffed animal chain Build-A-Bear Workshop is offering a pay your age promotion.
The cap being 29, anyone purchasing a bear will pay the amount their age is.
In Rochester hundreds of people flocked to the apache mall to take part in the one day deal.
The Apache Mall posted on facebook saying quote
“We are experiencing significantly longer than expected lines and large crowds.”
Authorities were at the mall assisting.
Later in the day the mall posted saying they closed the lines because of the overwhelming response.
Monique Bush is the store manager and wasn't expecting a turnout like today.
“We got here at 8 and we already had the whole stand here waiting. People had lawn chairs picnic chairs, iPads and pencils were ready,” said Bush.
She adds that nearly 1,000 customers came to purchase a bear.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop promo draws nearly 1,000 people to Rochester mall
- Building preservation workshop held in Northwood
- Rochester groups provide art workshops for senior citizens
- UPDATE: Power restored for nearly 1,000 in northwest Rochester
- Workshop on sensible salting practices
- Folwell elementary students build friendships with Bear Creek residents
- Bear Creek Church gives old buildings new life
- Build-a-Bear halts too-popular "Pay Your Age" deal
- Two citizens help foil shoplifting attempt at Rochester mall
- Rollover injures two people from Rochester