MASON CITY, Iowa - Nearly three weeks after Younkers closed its doors for good at Southbridge Mall, another closing store is set to leave.
Buckle announced the store will be relocating from the mall, where it's been since it first opened in 1985, to a new location inside part of the former MC Sports building next to Best Buy on the west side of Mason City.
Construction on the new space is set to begin in October, and the store plans to move by late January.
Rick Larson owns Larson Red Zone Sports, which has been in business at Southbridge for the last 12 years. Despite Buckle's move, small businesses like his can be good for the mall.
"If anybody's out there looking to open a business, move a business, this is definitely I think a place where people could and should check out before making a decision."
He does remain optimistic about what's coming next.
"Will it ever be full again like it was before? I don't know. I think maybe times are changing a little bit whereas different types of businesses or different types of stores are going to come in to the mall."
- Buckle to relocate Mason City store to new location
- Road buckles in Rochester
- Book World to close all stores in 7 states, including Mason City location
- UPDATE: Multi-agency search Tuesday at Mason City location
- Authorities make arrest after missing Mason City girl is located
- Election day theft reported at Mason City store
- Man arrested for illegal purchases from Mason City gun store
- Longtime Mason City furniture store says it is closing
- Longtime Mason City furniture store closing up shop
- Three Rochester bus stands are relocating