ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man is going to prison for a deadly crash in Olmsted County.
Authorities say Jordan Christopher Wilde, 22 of Byron, smoked marijuana before crossing the center line on Valleyhigh Road NW and crashed head-on into Daniel Pyfferoen’s vehicle on New Year’s Eve 2016.
Pyfferoen, 60 of Byron, was killed by the collision.
Wilde pleaded guilty to criminal vehicular homicide in April and was sentenced Monday to four years behind bars, with credit for 72 days already served.
- Bryon man sentenced for fatal crash on New Year's Eve 2016
- Man convicted for fatal New Year's Eve collision
- New Year's Eve safety
- Noon Year's Eve Celebration
- Minnesota man sentenced for fatal Winneshiek County crash
- Bryon follows other southern MN locations by raising tobacco age to 21
- Man sentenced after Rochester crashes
- Man finally sentenced for 2016 drug deal gone bad
- New Year's Eve transportation in North Iowa
- Safe transportation options on New Year's Eve