FOREST CITY, Iowa – A judge has found a Britt man guilty on two counts of 2nd degree sexual abuse.
Chad Bonner, 48, was arrested in June 2017 after charges were filed against him in Winnebago County. He pleaded not guilty and waived his right to a jury trial, allowing his case to be decided by a judge.
He was accused of performing sex acts upon two girls under the age of 12 between January 2005 and September 2008. Court documents say the abuse occurred in Forest City and Thompson.
In handing down his guilty verdict on Friday, the judge stated he could find no reason the victims would make false accusations against Bonner and that sexually abused children do not always immediately tell people about the abuse when it is happening.
A sentencing date for Bonner has not yet been scheduled.
Bonner is listed on the Iowa Sex Offender Registry for a Cerro Gordo County conviction in 1991 for 3rd degree sexual abuse and 2010 convictions in Winnebago County for dissemination of obscene material and sexual exploitation of a minor.
- Britt man convicted of sexually abusing two girls
- Mason City man convicted of sexually abusing a child
- Austin man convicted of sexually abusing a child
- Britt man accused of over a dozen sexual assaults
- Britt man gets life in prison for sex abuse
- Britt man given decades in prison for child sex abuse
- Britt man pleads not guilty to sex abuse
- Former Britt man pleads not guilty to sex abuse
- Britt man charged for allegedly sexually assaulting 14-year-old girl in Worth County
- Britt VFW efforts honored