ROCHESTER, Minn. – Civilians and emergency personnel moved to help someone standing on the edge of a bridge Tuesday afternoon.
The Rochester Fire Department says it was called to the 41st Street bridge over Highway 52 just before 2:30 pm. Firefighters arrived to find three people standing outside the protective fence along the bridge. The Fire Department says two people had gone outside the fence to assist a rescue victim. Law enforcement and other people on the bridge then helped those two until emergency crews made it to the scene.
A ladder truck was set up and firefighters used webbing to hold the three people on the edge of the bridge until the truck’s bucket could reach them. All three people were safely removed from the bridge.
Rochester police, the Minnesota State Patrol, and Gold Cross Ambulance assisted with this incident.
- Bridge rescue in Rochester
- Busy bridge in Rochester closed for repair
- Trails and bridges being closed throughout Rochester
- Boy rescued from Rochester apartment fire
- Rochester Firefighters trained on elevator rescue
- Rochester Fire Department trains for water rescues
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Minnesota bridge
- Bridge maintenance closing lane and trail on Rochester
- Historic bridge roof collapsed
- Bridge closure in Mason City