BREMER CO, Iowa- The Bremer County Attorney says he has received the conflict of interest complaint against Mitchell County Attorney Mark Walk.
The complaint, which was filed by Candidate for Mitchell County Supervisor Al Winters, was originally filed with Walk but had to be given to an out-of-county attorney to investigate.
The complaint says “the conflict of interest arises from the relationship between Mitchell County Supervisor Stan Walk and Mitchell County Attorney Mark Walk have with the North Iowa Regional and Economic & Port Authority, otherwise known as the Port Authority.
Those with the Bremer County Attorney’s Office say this will take a weeks to complete the investigation estimating to be complete by mid-August to early September.
County Attorney Kasey Wadding says he does have experience investigating similar cases in the past.
- Bremer County Attorney investigating Mitchell County conflict of interest complaint
- Candidate for Mitchell County Supervisor files complaint
- Fatal crash in Bremer County
- Disaster declaration for Bremer County
- Car hit by semi in Bremer County
- Charges filed in Bremer County burglaries
- Trial scheduled for Bremer County burglaries
- Butler County man arrested for Bremer County burglaries
- Chickasaw County teen killed in Bremer County crash
- New Mitchell County supervisor appointed