— Calyn Thompson (@CalynTReports) September 10, 2018
ROCHESTER, Minn. – The victim has been identified in a deadly shooting Monday morning in Rochester.
Police say Brandon Matthew Arndt, 38 of Rochester, wss found shot in the head Monday morning, lying inside the rear door of his mobile home trailer in the 1900 block of Marion Road SE. Officers were called to the area just after 4:01 am after a 911 call. The caller, who was also inside the trailer, said someone had been knocked on the rear door and when Arndt answered it, the caller heard a loud band and found Arndt had been shot.
Rochester police and fire personnel and Gold Cross Ambulance paramedics tried to save Arndt, but he was declared dead at the scene.
An investigation is ongoing and anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Rochester police at (507) 328-6800 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. No arrest has been made.
This is Rochester’s fifth homicide of 2018, tying it with 1996 and 2008 as the deadliest year for homicides in the city in the past 25 years.
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Rochester killing
- UPDATE: Suspect and victims identified in fatal Rochester stabbings
- UPDATE: Drowning victim identified in Winneshiek County
- UPDATE: Victims identified in deadly Cedar Falls collision
- UPDATE: UNI worker killed by steam leak is identified
- Victims identified in Christmas morning fire
- UPDATE: Man killed in crash southeast of Rochester
- UPDATE: Man hurt in car/semi crash in Rochester is identified
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist in Mason City crash identified
- UPDATE: Man identified in fatal crash