— Calyn Thompson (@CalynTReports) September 10, 2018
ROCHESTER, Minn. – The victim has been identified in a deadly shooting Monday morning in Rochester that gave the city its most homicides in a 25-year span.
Police say Brandon Matthew Arndt, 38 of Rochester, was found shot in the head Monday morning and was lying inside the rear door of his mobile home trailer in the 1900 block of Marion Road SE. Officers were called to the area just after 4:01 a.m. after a 911 call. The caller, who was also inside the trailer, said someone had knocked on the rear door and when Arndt answered it, the caller heard a loud bang and found Arndt had been shot.
Rochester police, fire personnel and Gold Cross Ambulance paramedics tried to save Arndt, but he was declared dead at the scene.
An investigation is ongoing and anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Rochester police at (507) 328-6800 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. No arrest has been made.
This is Rochester’s fifth homicide of 2018, tying it with 1996 and 2008 as the deadliest year for homicides in the city in the past 25 years.
- Victim identified in Rochester killing; city has most homicides in 25-year span
- Rochester woman charged with 2 DWIs in 7-hour span
- Charles City man gets 25-year sentence for dealing meth
- C-Span starts filming in Rochester to shine spotlight on Med City
- Authorities identify man killed in Rochester shooting
- UPDATE: Suspect and victims identified in fatal Rochester stabbings
- Victims of Mason City homicide 'would do anything for anybody'
- Mason City man hits two holes-in-one in six-day span
- Victims identified in Christmas morning fire
- UPDATE: Drowning victim identified in Winneshiek County